Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Reshooting and Rough Drafts

    My group and I met up and started talking about scenes we may have possibly missed or messed up. I mentioned that we need a shot of the shoes by itself or a shot of Alex and Jorge running while the camera follows them.

    We went to the track to continue working as I open my laptop and open my editing software to make a rough draft of what our final product could look like. I manage to get most of the shots downloaded onto my laptop and available to use to make the rough draft. I made sure to let my group know that I am always able for any criticisms or inputs.

    I first lay the clips down on the timeline to get a flow of what I want. I mainly focused mostly on the slow-motion clips as they are the most vital shots for the commercial. I then searched for some vfx plugins in my software's plug-in library. I found a plug-in called Ignite Fire which simulates a fire effect/animation

    I attempted to make use of the effect by masking, keyframing, layering and color correcting but the end result looked unrealistic and out of place. The mask wasn't really effective and made the fire look sloppy.

    I then restarted the and instead worked on the colors and vibe of the commercial. I wanted to give off a cinematic feeling and inspiring, also extremely persuasive. 




    I grabbed a plug-in called Ignite Cine-Look which does everything I was looking for at once. All that was needed was some color adjustment and lighting fixes. I added gamma and color correctors to the video track and it was some what nice to look at. I was also given some positive criticism from my group on how the video looks so far.

    I also added some time ramping, brightness and blurs to each time a kick or snare would hit when the song in the background plays. I wanted for a nostalgic feeling of 2010s-2015 so I grabbed a dubstep classic made by Tristam and Braken called Flight.


    Around the end, my group and I left to go back to the classroom but I was still thinking about how we are going to get our special effect on the shoes until I though of a better alternative. I've decided to add lighting to the shoes and runner, like if he is the flash. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Script

  [James wakes up and sighs] Maria Murphey: James you are 10 minutes late from your wake up time. I already have your bowl of milk on the co...