Monday, September 20, 2021

Introduction Blog

 My name is Rashawn Granderson and I am a Junior at Fort Lauderdale High School. I am usually shy when meeting new people, which I know is an issue when I am forced to work with random people. Despite that, I have a way with getting along with people, even if we don't like the same things at all. I like to produce music, edit videos, make art and writing stories, which I would mix them together to make some giant form of art. I really enjoy the post-production portion of a film, especially processes like color correction and keyframing.

There is a channel on YouTube called Cinecom that focuses on cinematography tricks, vfx, camera tips and more. They have a on-going series called Copycat Friday where they recreate effects from movies and tv shows. For an example: 


I am taking this class to learn how to make different types of films and media and try to understand the work behind it. I also want to make my own films with close friends of mine and share our creative ideas into one big project.

Me and my friends have two ideas for quick and short films. The first one was my idea, which is to make a mockumentary comedy similar to The Office and Parks & Recreation. 



It's about a teen super hero group being recorded & documented by a film school student as they go on strange and comedic adventures. The second idea is somewhat a phycological horror inside a haunted house, as the ghost inside is messing with your perception of reality itself. Since I know how to do pretty some of most of the things we need to do in post-processing, we can get the final product done to near perfection.

I feel like this class will help me understand the film-making process more clearly and sharpen my skills. I really want to improve my editing and vfx skill and take it to the next level. I want to work on huge projects that'll probably start off a career in vfx or post-production in general. My main plan is to just do this as a hobby and for fun but if any opportunity ever opens up, I may take a look at it and see if I'm interested. Since I am also somewhat experienced in music, I could also compose my own scores and tracks for certain scenes. For an example, I could make a song with war drums, trumpets, emotional pianos, etc., to fit a scene of an adventure about to/already begin. I am truly excited to see what this year has in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Script

  [James wakes up and sighs] Maria Murphey: James you are 10 minutes late from your wake up time. I already have your bowl of milk on the co...