Friday, December 10, 2021

There was an attempt at color correcting...

    I've decided to redownload Adobe After Effects since this editing software is able to give more professional look. Sony Vegas, as mentioned before, has the option to use color correcting, but it won't come out at least decent looking. I opened a new composition and immediately started to work.

    I dragged and drop the video files onto the timeline and opened the effect library. I created an adjustment layer and applied an sharpen effect. I've later added a color balance onto the adjustment layer. I've raised the red shadows and midtones to make it look more warmer. I've noticed that the blues and greens were clashing with the colors so I've lowered their shadows and midtones.

    I added a glow effect and already there is an issue. The threshold was too high and so was the brightness intensity. I lowered both which made it blend in. I then re-added a vignette filter. I adjust the filter's size and strength of opacity. 

    As the title said, there was an attempt at color correcting. Not surprisingly, After Effects crashed. I wasn't upset about the work being possibly lost since it wasn't looking good at all to begin with with, but I was hoping the software was going to last longer than it should've. I am thinking of re-downloading DaVinci Resolve to color corrector see how well it would look. Premiere Pro has the options to but it is truly more preferable to use After Effects instead. I am going to have to do some research to see which one of the software would be better to use. Hopefully I will be able to get everything done, especially the color correcting, before the deadline.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Script

  [James wakes up and sighs] Maria Murphey: James you are 10 minutes late from your wake up time. I already have your bowl of milk on the co...