Thursday, December 9, 2021

How the final product would look like and the work process

    My main goal for the final product is the giving the emotional feeling the music video is trying to covey. Most music videos are extremely successful on doing just that due to post processing process. 

    Firstly, this music video shouldn't have any technical/advanced special effects since this is meant to be something that is realistic. I am going to continue use a vignette and a black and white filter like Hadar requested in the flashback scenes. I could use transitions to shift between scenes and flashbacks and make it look "flashy", no pun intended.

    I have to get the color correcting perfectly in order for me to covey the full emotion of the music video. The main issue though is that Sony Vegas isn't "professional level" when it comes to color correction. Sony Vegas has the options to use color correction plugins, but they aren't really good at all. I have either 3 alternative software for me to use instead. I could use DaVinci Resolve, a free editing software that is Adobe Premiere Pro level professional, and use the built in color grader in the software. I could use Premiere Pro itself but I have to watch a lot of tutorials for me to fully color correct in the software. I could also use After Effects as well but I would have to watch way more videos on how to fully do it, but it would be worth it and would be the cleanest option.

    Being honest, I believe using warmer colors would fit the mood when color correcting. The original song used warmer colors to covey its similar emotions and got their point across. The flashbacks would be in black and white but there would be more contrast and saturation, making the shadows darker and blend more.

    I also thought of adding overlays over some scenes like a vinyl crack overlay or rain overlays. Giving a nostalgic feeling might give an emotion send-off and using overlays like those could work.

    At the end of the day, this final process will be the hardest and longest part of this project but I am prepared for what I got to do. I have so many ideas of what I can do but having to execute those ideas will be extremely time consuming. I was able to fully edit my commercial project and do effects that I didn't know I could even accomplish at the moment, so I feel more prepared and confident on working on this project. I will have to try and give Hadar and Constantine a bigger role in the editing process but I will have to wait and see until then.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Script

  [James wakes up and sighs] Maria Murphey: James you are 10 minutes late from your wake up time. I already have your bowl of milk on the co...