Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Editing Blog: Making the Draft

    I came home, open my laptop, and immediately got to work on working on the draft. I opened OBS studio to record myself so I can send what I did to my group what I did. I opened the original project file from the day we recorded and started to drag clips into the timeline.

    Not even 5 minutes in, I am already having issues. One of the clips won't transfer from my phone for some reason so  the only way for us to know what the clip would be like, is when we make the final product. Another issue, Sony Vegas has a history of unsuspecting crashes, so of course when I least expect it, the software would crash. Luckily, the auto-save back-up actually usually saved right before the software crashed.

    I've listened and taken note to Hadar's advice about the black and white and vignette filters and I've applied them some scenes. I've also added a vhs effect to give a feeling of sadness and nostalgia. I've also included transitions into different clips with flashbacks. When it's fading into a flashback, a vhs camera rill transition would play. When coming out of a flashback, a flash of light would burst out like if you are waking up from a dream.

    I had to time stretch some clips to fit with the flow of the music and the flow of the video in general. A good flow in a video is what is key to help get a message across in a video. To get the emotional drive, everything has to be in a near perfect flow. Timing is key when it comes to a video like this, especially when the video is fully story driven. Music videos have to be in flow and near perfect timing in order for it to be a good music video. Since the song is slow and smooth, the video flow has to be slow and smooth as well.

    I've managed to finish editing and making the draft and send the recording to my groupmates. The only thing left now is to make the final music video and ask my group for their input.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Script

  [James wakes up and sighs] Maria Murphey: James you are 10 minutes late from your wake up time. I already have your bowl of milk on the co...